Prism Consulting Services Ltd.
Stephanie Shostak is the President & CEO of Prism Consulting Services Ltd. Stephanie is also a Transgender Advocate from Edmonton, who focuses on Diversity, Inclusion, Stakeholder Collaboration and Engagement with a focus on the LGBTQ+ community. Stephanie also is a 18+ year Privacy Professional with a focus on Privacy Compliance and Breach Investigations.
Stephanie is also a Director/Board Member and current Treasurer on the Trans Equality Society of Alberta (TESA), who has a mandate to be a witness to and a voice for matters concerning Trans Albertans. As a Director/Board Member of TESA, Stephanie is engaged by creating media releases, participating in media interviews and engaged in panel discussions and meetings with stakeholders and elected officials.
Stephanie has assisted in bringing positive change to Trans Albertans by working with the previous and current provincial government to make changes to or to bring about new legislation. This has included: the Vital Statistics Act and Traffic Safety Act which allowed for easier changes to Birth Certificates, Drivers Licenses and Provincial Identification Cards; An Act to Amend the Alberta Bill of Rights to Protect our Children (aka Bill 10) that allowed for the formation of Gay Straight Alliances (GSAs) in schools; and Alberta Human Rights Amendment Act, 2015 (aka Bill 7) which brought in both gender identity and gender expression into this enactment.
Stephanie is also one of the Co-Chairs for the 2019 Canadian Professional Association for Transgender Health (CPATH) Conference in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, in the fall of this year. In 2017, Stephanie was the only Albertan who served as a Member of the Organizing Committee for the 2017 Canadian Professional Association for Transgender Health (CPATH) Conference, and with other Members from across Canada to ensure the success of the largest to date Transgender Conference in Canada. While at the conference, she served as a Moderator of Saturday’s Plenary titled “Fostering Safety & Celebrating Inclusion in Service Provisions, Systems & Sectors” and as the room coordinator for two sessions. In addition, she took it upon herself to coordinate the Alberta Caucus that brought together individuals from Albert to network with each other.
In addition, Stephanie also continues to serve as the President, Volleyball Alberta Officials and is a Volleyball Canada certified National Referee who referees all levels of volleyball, up to and including college and university, both in Canada and the United States. Stephanie is also a member of the You Can Play - Western Canada Board. You Can Play is dedicated to ensuring equality, respect and safety for all athletes, without regard to sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Stephanie is also a member of the Canadian Federal LGBTQI2S Sports Inclusion Taskforce which is a flexible, informal coalition working to end LGBTQI2S bias in sport through education form and promotion of LGBTQI2S inclusion in Canadian sport.
Stephanie also engages and collaborates with stakeholders in the development of policies, guidelines and other diversity and inclusion specific documents. Stephanie also has coordinated and facilitated Stakeholder Engagement Sessions and has the drafter of final reports on these sessions. Stephanie and makes herself available to speak to students at schools, colleges, and universities; at various sessions, webinars, seminars, events, symposiums and conferences in Canada and the United States.
Stephanie also brings 18+ years' of being a Health Sector Privacy Professional that includes:
- privacy assessments, mitigation and compliance;
- strategic planning and policy development;
- management of staff, multiple projects and priorities;
- providing health information privacy expertise to support various initiatives;
processing access requests;
- investigating and managing privacy complaints, breaches or allegations of breaches; and
- responsible for developing and administering privacy education sessions to Affiliates for various Custodians.
Stephanie has also served on both Senior and Regional Management Teams of former Regional Health Authorities where she provided Administrative Support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Senior Management Team with responsibilities that included:
- consulting and working with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to the health sector;
- developing, implementing and maintaining operational and administrative policies and procedures;
- negotiating various contracts and overseeing various Requests for Proposals;
- creating and managing a Regional Health Authority Foundation;
- developing and maintaining Business Continuity, Mass Causality Response and Emergency Evacuation Plans;
- managing budgets; and
- served as the regional contact and liaison with external Legal Counsel for litigation or potential litigation.
Copyright © 2017 Prism Consulting Services Ltd. - All Rights Reserved.
* * * The Prism Consulting Services Ltd. logo was purchased via an Expanded License from Vectorstock on November 7, 2017. Prism Consulting Services Ltd. is the sole owner of this logo and it cannot be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the President & CEO of Prism Consulting Services Ltd. * * *